Welcome to the Sixth Form at Queen Elizabeth II High School
Become a part of a Sixth Form with a history of academic excellence and a community based ethos that puts the student at the centre of everything we do. We look forward to working with you as you embark on your journey to a successful and fulfilling career.
Please use the links to the left to find out more about us and help you make the right decisions.
Sixth Form Prospectus
Year 12 Subject Options Block
KS5 Option Blocks
- Students enrolling on KS5 courses at QEII usually take 3 different courses/ subjects.
- Students can only pick one course from each block (e.g., 1 from block B, one from block C and 1 from block D). This is because all the courses in (e.g.) block B run at the same time in the timetable
- In blocks where students do not have a subject, they will have supervised time for private study. In column E, there are also opportunities for enrichment activities which students can find out more about from the school’s options website (and on enrolment in August).
- A small number of students do study 4 subjects in KS5. However, students should be aware that the demands of subjects in 6th form are such that a considerable amount of self-study time outside lessons is required. If students are considering going on to university after year 13, universities usually expect students to have taken 3 subjects during KS5 and base their entry requirements around this.
- Some subjects are taught (or partially taught) in conjunction with Ramsey Grammar School and Castle Rushen High School. In these cases, transport to and from our partner collaboration schools is provided.
- Interviews for Sixth Form will be held on Friday 25th August, the day after Ofqual GCSE results day, where students will be able to book a time slot.
- If there are any students unable to make this interview day, please contact Ms Morrison in the Main Office who will arrange an alternative time.
- If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in contact.
Further information about the QEII sixth form can be found on our dedicated KS5 Options website which can be accessed here